The formation of cavities on your teeth is a common yet serious oral health risk that we are subject to throughout our lives. Even though cavities are most common when we are young and when we are old, depending on your lifestyle, your cleaning methods, and your oral health care treatments, your risk can greatly change. Listed below are helpful tips to follow to prevent cavities:
– Make an effort to floss every day with a threaded floss or water flosser.
– After eating foods, never brush your teeth as it can be too abrasive at this time. Instead, use mouthwash or sugarless chewing gum. Studies indicate that chewing gum after meals has been shown to increase saliva production which is known to prevent cavities.
– Always stick to a healthy diet that is full of nutritious enamel building minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. In addition, eat foods that are high in water and crunchy, such as apples and pears, to help rinse away bacteria and other contaminants known to contribute to enamel erosion and cavities.
– Visit your dentist for routine oral exams, regular checkups, and professional cleanings every 6 months.
– Avoid sticky or chewy foods that can easily linger in your mouth long after consumption.
– Always be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day with a brush that has soft bristles.
If you would like an oral health care treatment from Dentists 'R Us at our dentist office in Gilbert, Arizona, please contact us at 480-558-7500. Dr. Ali Nia and the rest of our team will ensure you get the cavity-free smile you desire. On behalf of our team, we hope you have a wonderful day!